- Looking to register your child for next year's 5K? Registration for the next school year opens up online in early December and can be started on our How To Enroll page here.
Please click on your school below to see which daycare locations are within its transportation boundaries.
The Franklin Public Schools transportation service will pick students up and drop them off at their designated* corner bus stop or a daycare location within the school boundaries in the morning and at the end of the school day. To have your child picked up and dropped off at different locations, please fill out the Alternate Bus Route form.
4K and 5K students sit toward the front of the school bus in the morning and at the end of the school day. Students are personally escorted off the buses and to their classrooms by an adult they know and trust.
At midday, 4K students will be dropped off or picked up in front of their home except when multiple students live in the same area and can be met by parents/guardians as a group at their designated* corner bus stop. If you have questions, please contact Mary Jo Herrmann at (414)525-7634.
*Bus route schedules and designated stops are determined during mid-August and will be sent via- email to all families. After this date, only minor adjustments may be made to the route.
Children who will be five years old on or before September 1st, 2019 and live within the Franklin School District are eligible to enroll for 5 year-old Kindergarten in the 2019-2020 school year.
Registration for new families is a two-step process:
1. Online Registration: Starting December 3rd, 2018, the district registration system (InfoSnap) will be available for new families to set up an account. This step can be made simple by having the following information available when you enroll your child:
- Important addresses and phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Student health information
- Emergency contact information
2. Visit the Education & Community Center:
Mon, Feb 3 and Tues, Feb 4, 2020
12:30 to 6:00 p.m.
8255 Forest Hill Avenue
Please bring the following required documents with you:
1. Proof of Residency (One item from each of the sections
below is required)
Section A: Current Property Tax Statement, Recent Signed and Dated Closing Statement for Home Purchase or Current Signed and Dated Resident Lease (must include landlord’s name, address and phone number along with your information and an effective date.) If it is a month-to-month lease, you must be able to provide a September lease.
Section B: Current Month’s Utility Bill (Gas/Electric only), Health Insurance Statement, FoodShare/Quest Benefit Statement, Medicaid/BadgerCare Benefit Statement, W-2, Social Security or other country, state or federal benefit statement.
A driver’s license will not be accepted as proof
2. Birth Certificate (original, no copies )
3. Student Immunization Record
Other Required Documentation (if applicable)
- Child Placement Court Documentation
- Verification of Legal Custody
- Verification of Living Arrangements
- Education Passport - Out of Home Care
The fee to enroll students for 5K for the upcoming school year is $34. Families will receive a class supply list from their child's teacher in late summer.
If you have additional questions, please contact Mary Jo Herrmann at (414) 525-7634.
Children attending a.m. kindergarten will be eligible for before school care through kids club.
Children attending p.m. kindergarten will be eligible for after school care through kids club.
For information regarding child care options, please view the Child Care Locations tab.