Children who will be five years old on or before September 1st, 2019 and live within the Franklin School District are eligible to enroll for 5 year-old Kindergarten in the 2019-2020 school year.
Registration for new families is a two-step process:
1. Online Registration: Starting December 3rd, 2018, the district registration system (InfoSnap) will be available for new families to set up an account. This step can be made simple by having the following information available when you enroll your child:
- Important addresses and phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Student health information
- Emergency contact information
2. Visit the Education & Community Center:
January 28th & 29th
12:30 to 6:30 p.m.
8255 Forest Hill Avenue
Please bring the following required documents with you:
1. Proof of Residency (One item from each of the sections
below is required)
Section A: Current Property Tax Statement, Recent Signed and Dated Closing Statement for Home Purchase or Current Signed and Dated Resident Lease (must include landlord’s name, address and phone number along with your information and an effective date.) If it is a month-to-month lease, you must be able to provide a September lease.
Section B: Current Month’s Utility Bill (Gas/Electric only), Health Insurance Statement, FoodShare/Quest Benefit Statement, Medicaid/BadgerCare Benefit Statement, W-2, Social Security or other country, state or federal benefit statement.
A driver’s license will not be accepted as proof
2. Birth Certificate (original, no copies )
3. Student Immunization Record
Other Required Documentation (if applicable)
- Child Placement Court Documentation
- Verification of Legal Custody
- Verification of Living Arrangements
- Education Passport - Out of Home Care
The fee to enroll students for 5K in the 2019-20 school year is $34. Families will receive a class supply list from their child's teacher in late summer.
If you have additional questions, please contact Mary Jo Herrmann at (414) 525-7634.