21-22 School Year FAQ
Last Updated: Friday, September 17, 2021
This FAQ page provides answers to questions related to the 2021-22 School Year in regards to COVID-19, In-Person Instruction, and Virtual Instruction.
We will update these FAQs as needed. To the best of our ability, we will mark new or updated questions with (NEW) at the beginning of the question to draw your eye to new information.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate starting and continuing the 2021-22 school year. Families can also expect summer updates using our newsletter format up until school starts and then bi-weekly district newsletters after the school year starts. All information is housed on our FPS Communications Hub here.
If after reading these questions and answers, your specific question was not addressed, please access the form below.
- (NEW) What are the current mask or face-covering requirements?
- What are protocols/procedures for bus riding?
- What happens if my child tests positive for COVID-19?
- What happens if my child came into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19?
- What happens if someone in our household tests positive for COVID-19?
- What if my child has symptoms of illness or reports not feeling well?
- Where can we have COVID-19 testing performed?
- My child was wearing a mask when they were present and in close contact with another individual who tested positive for COVID-19, and we were told that they still need to quarantine. Is that true?
- When would a school or schools close?
- How are you socially distancing kids in the classroom?
- Has FPS considered installing a HEPA filter in the air handler system to help purify the air?
- How will the district promote hand-washing? Will there be assigned times when the children wash their hands?
- What does lunch look like this year for students?
- (NEW) What are current Visitor/Volunteer procedures?
- What cleaning measures will FPS be utilizing?
- What does DISINFECTING mean and what does this look like?
- What does SANITIZING mean and what does this look like?
- What supplies are provided to classrooms for daily SANITATION?
- How and when will the lunchroom be SANITIZED?
- How should student technology (Chromebooks, Laptops/Desktops, Calculators) be SANITIZED?
- What does CLEANING mean and what does this look like?
- What is DEEP CLEANING and what does this look like?
- What is being done to ensure we are maximizing air quality in our buildings?
- Are there changes to room layouts to improve social distancing?
- If the student is enrolled In-Person and has to be excluded, isolated, or quarantined from school, what happens in regards to learning?
- What does 4K In-Person instruction look like?
- What does the 4K schedule look like?
- How is the District handling safety drills for the upcoming school year?
- What are the details around the FPS Virtual Option?
- Are the teachers for virtual employed by another company?
- If the student is in Virtual, can he/she still participate in athletics or activities at the home school?
- How will special education services work for virtual learners?
- What are my options for choosing an alternate school or virtual option if I choose not attend Franklin Public Schools this year?
- What is the timeline for moving to in-person or continuing virtual learning?
- Can students that are currently IN-PERSON transition into the Virtual Learning Program?
- If we choose to go back in-person, would my child return to the same home school?
- What are Franklin Public Schools’ guidelines for athletics and activities?
- What are the guidelines from WIAA regarding athletics?
- When would a student or team not be able to participate?
- If the high school or middle school pivots to at-home learning through virtual instruction for a period of time, will in-person athletics and activities continue?
- Why are in-person athletics and activities suspended if the high school or middle school pivots to at-home learning through virtual instruction?
- How will large scale events be handled (athletics, building events, concerts/shows, etc)?
- If my child is vaccinated and exposed to COVID-19, will the child be able to participate in athletics and activities?
- How will KIDS CLUB be run?
- What are the changes to KIDS CLUB AM DROP OFF and PM PICK UP procedures?
- How will KIDS CLUB groups be configured?
- Are there any schedule changes for KIDS CLUB?
- Can the community members/groups currently reserve school facilities, rooms, etc?
- (NEW) What are masking expectations for programming that occurs outside the school day?