FPMS Construction Project
Forest Park Middle School construction continues as scheduled despite the wet fall we've had. There have been many exciting updates in the second half of this year:
- Exterior and interior walls are in place. Drywalling is taking place.
- Flooring and ceilings are installed.
- Lighting is in place.
- Painting is taking place.
- The gym is painted, sound panels are installed and the basketball backboards
are in place.
- Curbing is in place.
- Sidewalks are installed.
- Trees and wetland vegetation have been planted.
- Parking lots are being paved.
The new building has a 2-story layout and is planned to accommodate 1,350 students at full capacity, serving students in grades 6-8.
The current tentative construction schedule would have the building complete and fully occupied with Grades 6-8 in September 2019.
The new Forest Park Middle School and its learning-centered design was featured in the Spring 2018 edition of Teaching Today WI. See page 18 to learn more! https://www.teachingtodaywi.com/TTWIMay2018.pdf
Dr. Judy Mueller, Jim Milzer and Mark
Cloutier check on the construction
progress in October.
Workers lay concrete sidewalks in front of the new school building.
The main entrance to the building will include study stairs and a common area where students and staff can gather.