Kids Camp 2019 is a daily program designed for children who have already completed K5-6th grade offered by the Franklin Community Education & Recreation Department. Kids Camp offers a safe, happy, and healthy environment at Ben Franklin Elementary June 12 – August 23. Kids Camp is open Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Camp will be closed July 3, 4 & 5.
Kids Camp focuses on the 3 R’s; Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsible for all actions. Our staff members are actively involved with the children and committed to ensure the health and safety of children.
Some benefits of sending your child to our program:
* Quality care, we are your extended family with quality programming.
* A wide variety of activities including: group games, creative expression, language arts, and large & small muscle activities.
* Field Trips
* Lots of FUN!
We would like to emphasize that our primary purpose is offering quality programs to children while providing a safe and inviting learning environment where children can participate in constructive activities. We believe the children learn a great amount through recreation play and can develop at their own rate. Even though we are not licensed through the State of Wisconsin we do follow many of the same guidelines that the Wisconsin Department of Children & Families have put into place.
Emergency Card (with wallet size photo attached)*
Concussion Policy and Protocol- for review only
*Non Franklin Public School Students: A. Enrollment/Health History, B. Emergency Card, C. One Wallet Size photo.
*Franklin Public School Students: Emergency Card will be obtained through Powerschool.
All paperwork and updated information in PowerSchool MUST be submitted by June 5th in order for your child to attend Camp.
2019 Field Trips
For Children NOT Attending Summer School (unless noted)
- Action Territory: Tuesday, June 25
- Granny's Treats: Wednesday, June 26 - ALL Children approx. 1:30 pm
- Milwaukee Milkman Pro Baseball Game: Thursday, July 11
- Springs Water Park @ Ingleside Hotel: Wednesday, July 17
- Sky Zone: Tuesday, July 23
- Granny's Treats: Friday, July 26 - approx. 1:30 pm
- Kona Ice: Wednesday, July 31 - approx. 1:30 pm
- Marcus Ridge Cinema "Toy Story 4": Thursday, August 1
- Granny's Treats: Tuesday, August 6 approx. 1:30 pm
- Milwaukee Zoo: Thursday, August 8
- Discovery World: Tuesday, August 13
- Granny's Treats: Tuesday, August 20 approx. 1:30 pm
- Permission slips and payments must be submitted by the listed due date.
- Staff will not be on site during field trips.
- Staff will be on site to greet the Summer School Students at 11:45 am
- Children in Summer School cannot miss class to attend a field trip.
Past Due Balances: All Recreation Department past due balances must be paid in full for Summer Camp registration to be completed.
A Scholarship Fund has been put in place by Victory of the Lamb Lutheran Church in Franklin, for those families going through financial hardships. Please call Shana Gagliardo at 414-423-4646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for for information.