- March 10, 2020 - For all COVID-19 updates, please see our page devoted to questions and answers here.
- February 7, 2020 - As has been shared in the news this week, there has been (1) case of confirmed 2019-nCoV (“novel (new) Coronavirus”) in the state. The risk for infection with 2019-nCoV is still considered extremely low in the United States and Wisconsin. We will continue to closely follow recommendations from the CDC and World Health Organization regarding precautions and preventive actions. In order to ensure that we are compliant with CDC recommendations for responding to potential exposures, we need you to inform your school if you or your child has traveled to China within the last 14 days immediately.
- If we are aware of an individual’s travel to China, we will continue to partner with the Franklin Health Department to take appropriate actions based on each individual situation.
- Additional Resources: CDC - Prevention and Treatment, Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Outbreak
- January 22, 2020 - It's challenging to make sure that children are staying healthy during the winter months in Wisconsin! Do you know guidelines about how much screen time is good for kids? How much sleep do children need to stay healthy? Children's Wisconsin offers a great resource via the Healthy Minds page of their website to help parents quickly and easily learn some of this essential and valuable information!
- Nov 8, 2019 - Article About Vitamin E Acetate Being "Harmful Culprit" in vaping
- October 28, 2019: The time of year when the influenza virus is more commonly spread around our community is quickly approaching! The annual flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the risk of getting the virus, which can cause a serious respiratory infection, or of reducing the severity of the illness.
Franklin Public Schools health and nursing services are led by our two district nurses who are responsible for providing leadership in the areas of school nursing practice, school health policy, and school health programs. Ensuring the health and wellness of our students is our top priority.