How to Enroll
Looking for Summer School information? Click here.
- Register for the 2017-18 School Year
- Other Required Information
- K-4 Program
- Kindergarten Registration
- Student Fees
Welcome to the Franklin Public Schools!
Enrollment in Franklin Public Schools is open to all school-age residents in the City of Franklin within the established boundaries of the school district and to those students who have been accepted through Open Enrollment. To enroll in kindergarten, children must be 5 years old on or before September 1st of the school year they wish to begin school. Call Mary Jo Herrmann at (414) 525-7634 with any questions.
To finalize the initial registration process, parents will be required to bring their child’s original birth certificate, proof of residency (ie., utility bill or credit card with current date) and up-to-date immunization records to their school building or the Education & Community Center for verification:
Please bring the following required documents with you:
- Birth Certificate (original, no copies for verification purposes only; it will not be kept)
- Proof of residency (e.g., utility bill or credit card bill with current date)
- Immunization Records (a copy of your child’s immunization if it is up to date; if not please submit a copy within 30 days of admission to your child’s school)
Franklin Public Schools DOES NOT have a K4 program for our families. Since Franklin Public Schools does not have a comparable K4 program, Franklin residents are not able to attend another district through the open enrollment program. Please see the attached listing of area schools/businesses that do offer a K4 program.
Remember that all children must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2017 in order to enroll for Kindergarten.
For more information on registering for kindergarten, please see our Kindergarten Enrollment page.