FHS Students of the Month
Students of the Month for January: Art -Stephanie Bruno, Business -Anthony Pitcher, CTE - Jake Benning, Josh Jewell, Ryan Balash, ELA -Maria Sparacino, Larissa Stenglein, FACs -Melissa Scepanski, Math -Marissa Lucht, Music -Zach Konz, Phy Ed -Hailey Lewan, Science -Rocky Fry, Social Studies - Summer Nilsen, World Languages - Emma Rybacki, Ryan Fryjoff
FHS Academic Decathlon
Congratulations to the Academic Decathlon team for advancing from the Local Competition involving over 120 teams statewide to the Regional Level in January with an opportunity to compete at the state competition in March. If you see the following, wish them congratulations! (Haniah Ahmad, Jamie Bang, Theodore Bang, Daniel Beck, Astha Berry, Ploypailin Chongvatanabandit, Claire Ciszewski, Julia Freuck, Madeline Gierach, Sidonia Gierach, Christian Henkel, Olivia Jardas, Meliha Kikanovic, Jieun Lee, Danielle Lodge, McKay Lu, Aniya Maheen, Kirsten Perkovich, Charles Phil, Alexandra Schmidt, Andrea VonBargen)
FHS Parent Math Night
Also, we now have a web site for all students enrolled in IM9 and their parents/guardians. This site links to any site you would need as a resource for Carnegie, including links to teachers' websites. Other information the site includes:
- Teacher Contact Info
- Cognitive Tutor Pacing
- Cognitive tutor log-in
- Additional math practice sites
- IM9 grading policies and expectations
If you have any questions, you may contact:
Math interventionist and Gr 6-9 Math Coach
FHS Girls Swim & Dive to State
The Franklin girls swim team took 4th at sectionals this weekend! Diver Katrina Voge took first and set a new school record and diver Melanie Pearson took second - they will both be continuing on to state. The 200 Medley Relay of Bethany Lefeber, Elizabeth Herrick, Jourdie Lepkowski, and Rowan Liederbach took first, setting a new school record and qualifying for state! Tara Theissen took second in the 100 fly and all the girls swam personal best times!
Way to go girls - good luck at State!
FHS Cross Country qualify for State
Congrats on qualifying for State - both Boys & Girls Cross Country
FHS Report Card now available
October 22, 2012
New School Report Cards Now Available
Wisconsin Department Of Public Instruction Posts Report Cards Online
To access the new School Report Cards from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, go to: http://dpi.wi.gov/reportcards/franklin.html
Some items that will help parents and others to understand the new report cards:
- All public schools in Wisconsin receive an annual report card in the same format.
- There are two forms of each School Report Card for each school: 1) School Report Card (Two-page report card); 2) School Report Card Detail (shows
- Use of the school report card is one of many provisions of Wisconsin’s waiver from federal No Child Left Behind legislation.
- All Franklin schools are rated in the “Exceeds Expectations” category.
- The score in the upper left of the new School Report Card is NOT a percentage. It is an index that results from multiple calculations in four “priority areas” on the right side of the report card:
-On Track and Post-Secondary Readiness
For Franklin Public Schools, the School Report Card and other changes as a result of Wisconsin’s waiver mean:
- The Bar Has Been Raised. Achievement will look like it dropped even though it is the same because scoring systems have changed.
- The Bar Needed to be Raised. The Franklin Public Schools embraces the higher expectations because they are needed for our businesses, workforce, and for our students to be successful in careers and college.
- Franklin is on Track. Franklin Public Schools have been on track to meet the challenges through its rigorous curriculum, excellent teaching, and processes of continuous improvement. The new standards and high expectations are consistent with what the district is already doing.
FHS Cross Country to State!
Congratulations to both Girls and Boys Cross Country for qualifying for the State meet in their competition at the Sectionals in Grant Park. Way to go!
FHS September Students of the Month
Congratulations to the following students who are the Franklin High School September Students of the Month:
Art: Jamie Miller
Music: Justin Weis
Career Tech Ed: Nicole Turowski
World Languages: Marina Bartoshevich
Social Studies: Robert Mantey
Math: Emma Klein & Derek Adam
Family and Consumer Science: Josh Jewell
Business: Josh Jewell
Science: Unique Russ
English Language Arts: Katelyn Thomas
Phy Ed: Dani Fassbender
Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction to Give Each School Its Own Report Card
The 2012-13 school year will bring many exciting improvements to each child’s learning in the Franklin Public Schools. This year will also bring changes to the way schools themselves are evaluated by the state.
See this important information for parents about the Report Card that each school will receive. Report Card Parent Guide
- FHS Students in Film Festival
- FHS Homecoming Week
- Yearbook Information
- FHS Students in Japan
- FHS Softball to State
- Parent Music Survey
- FHS Students of the Month
- FHS Choir @ Disneyland
- FHS Musical - Seussical the Musical
- FHS Robotics update
- FHS Musicians heading for State competition
- FHS Gymnastics State Champions
- FHS trip to Washington D.C.
- FHS Job Olympic Success
- FPS 10th Annual Jazz Cabaret
- Valentine's Day @ FHS
- FHS Winterlude Spirit Day fun
- FHS Student speaks at DARE Graduation
- FHS Student - D1 Football Scholarship
- FHS Poms place at State
- FHS Winterlude
- FHS Yearbook Order deadline February 3rd
- FHS Cellphone Collection to benefit Prom 2012
- FHS Flash Mob
- FHS Saber Academy receives grant from Sam's Club