- Seniors will complete exams the week of June 3rd. Seniors do not have class on Friday, June 7th, but they do have a mandatory rehearsal for Commencement at the Milwaukee County Sports Complex starting promptly at 8:15 a.m.
Participation in Graduation:
- It is extremely important that seniors maintain their focus on meeting their academic and behavioral obligations. It is a sad situation when seniors jeopardize participation in commencement and/or the earning of their diploma by failing to meet school requirements or abiding by school rules. Students must meet all academic graduation requirements to participate in commencement. No exceptions!
- Seniors who engage in behavior that results in suspension from school may forfeit their participation in commencement.
- All financial obligations must be fulfilled prior to commencement. Graduating seniors will not receive their diploma, or be allowed to participate in commencement, until fees/fines (i.e. – school fees, library fines, shop fees, lunch fees, damaged and lost books, etc.) are fully paid. Please note that some fines may not be submitted to the office until exams are complete.
- Any student who has outstanding detentions must clear those prior to graduation rehearsal on the morning of June 7, 2013 to participate in commencement.
- Graduation Rehearsal will be on Friday, June 7th at 8:15 a.m. Attendance at rehearsal is a requirement for participation in Commencement. Students should report directly to the Milwaukee County Sports Complex no later than 8:15 a.m. Any student who does not have transportation may ride to FHS on the bus and report to the cafeteria and the school will transport those students to rehearsal. Students should arrange a ride home as they will not need to return to FHS. At rehearsal, students will receive two tickets for reserved seating for the ceremony; there is ample open seating for any additional guests.
- Commencement will occur on Sunday, June 9, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. at the Milwaukee County Sports Complex. We ask that graduates report to the Sports Complex by 1:00 p.m. Seniors will receive complete instructions on Commencement and rehearsal prior to the last week of school. Each student will receive his or her two tickets for reserved seating at rehearsal. There is also adequate open seating available. Please call 423-4640, extension 2003 if you need to make arrangements for handicap seating which will not be located in the Reserved section but will be on an aisle.
- Caps and Gowns ordered from Jostens were delivered during lunch on March 14th . Any unclaimed items are available for pick up in the office, door #3. If you did not yet order a cap and gown, please contact Sue Bollis at extension 2003 or stop by the office.
- The area near the stage at the Milwaukee County Sport Complex will be roped off to allow students the requisite space to return to their seats. As a result, the opportunity to take pictures will be greatly limited. A professional photographer will be taking photographs of every graduate as they receive their diploma and will send a “no obligation” proof to your home. The district also offers a DVD of the ceremony for a nominal fee. These DVDs will be available for purchase in the school office by mid-June.
Graduation from Franklin High School is a formal ceremony. The following guidelines for student conduct at rehearsal and Commencement will be enforced.
- All regular school rules and policies.
- Any behavior that detracts from the respect and meaning of this event will lead to removal. Students are not permitted to bring any inappropriate items into graduation (i.e. silly string, noise makers, beach balls, etc.).
- Any student engaging in inappropriate conduct at the ceremony will be escorted out of commencement and will need to have a parent meeting with the principal to obtain their diploma.
- Students are expected to dress appropriately. Ladies should wear a dress or skirt, or dress pants, blouse and dress shoes. Gentlemen should wear slacks, a dress shirt and dress shoes. Absolutely no jeans, sandals or athletic shoes permitted. Students failing to abide by this dress code will jeopardize their participation in Commencement.
- Any senior who chooses not to participate in Commencement should notify Sue Bollis at 423-4640, ext. 2003.
We look forward to celebrating this wonderful accomplishment with all of you.
Art Survey For Parents
Franklin Public Schools is in the process of conducting a district-wide Art review. This includes examining research and best practices in Art instruction, analyzing relevant data, and listening to presentations by Art experts.
As we move forward with the process, it is crucial that we get input from all our stakeholders: students, staff and YOU, our parents. Please click on the link below to participate in this survey.
FHS 2013 Prom Court Announced
Franklin High School 2013 Prom Court
FHS Spring 2013 Preschool
FHS Child Development II students sponsored the annual Saber Preschool in April and May.
Children were between 3 1/2 and 5 years of age. Class included free play, large and small group activities, a snack and story time. Watch for this exciting event next year - if you have questions, please contact Mrs. Champion at 414-817-3628.
FHS Annual Recycling Drive
Save Your Junk!
As you start your spring cleaning, please save any metal items for the Saber Robotics recycling drive to be held May 18 from 8-12 at Franklin High School. The list of recyclable items includes copper, brass, aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, aluminum cans, aluminum siding, faucets, wires, computers computer monitors (limit 2/vehicle), appliances, gutters, light fixtures, pots and pans – almost anything metal! (Sorry – no TVs accepted.)
FHS - Info for Incoming Freshmen
Are you an incoming student to FHS and part of the Class of 2017? If you missed the Freshmen Preview nights on February 4th & 6th, please click here for a review of the items covered.
Questions? Call our Student Services office and speak to your student's counselor:
Last names beginning A-F = Diane Gilroy (ext. 2010)
Last names beginning G-L = Katharine Reid (ext. 2011)
Last names beginning M-R = Keith Decker (ext. 2019)
Last names beginning S-Z = Shirley Weir (2012)
FHS Spread the Word to End the Word
Franklin High School students participated in an announcement regarding Spread the Word to End the Word on March 4th, 5th and 6th. March 6th people around the world unite their communities to Spread the Word to End the Word as supporters participate in the 5th Annual Spread the Word to End The Word Awareness Day aiming at ending the hurtful use of the R-word which negatively impacts people with developmental disabilities. Language affects attitudes. Attitudes impact actions. Special Olympics and Best Buddies encourage people all over the world to pledge now to use respectful language and build communities of respect and inclusion for all people. We requested FHS to sign a banner this week in the cafeteria to support Spread the Word to End the Word. It is an ongoing effort created by students with and without disabilities to eliminate the use of the "R" word to create communities of respect.
FHS Wrestlers to State
Over the weekend, the wrestling team qualified these six wrestlers for the state tournament. The state tournament starts Thursday and will take place at the Kohl Center in Madison. If you want to see how the guys are doing, you can follow them on trackwrestling.com.
- FHS Swim & Dive to State
- FHS National Merit Finalists
- FHS Staff Appreciation
- FHS 11th Annual Jazz Cabaret
- FHS Students attended a Screenwriting program
- FHS Fashion Show
- FHS Quarter 1 Honor Roll
- FHS Students of the Month
- FHS Junior Class Fundraiser
- FHS Academic Decathlon
- FHS Parent Math Night
- FHS Girls Swim & Dive to State
- FHS Cross Country qualify for State
- FHS Report Card now available
- FHS Cross Country to State!
- FHS September Students of the Month
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction to Give Each School Its Own Report Card
- FHS Students in Film Festival
- FHS Homecoming Week
- Yearbook Information
- FHS Students in Japan
- FHS Softball to State
- Parent Music Survey
- FHS Students of the Month
- FHS Choir @ Disneyland