- Space Weather
- General Info--concise info on most topics we study
- Astronomy notes--sometimes more detail than we cover, but an "on-line" textbook
- Color and Light
- Earth's Moon
- Gravity #1 (click on the image, and then student version)
- Gravity #2
Gravity #3--click "run"
- Planets and Planetary Motion
- My Solar System
- Ellipses Explained
- Cassini Mission
- Goldilocks Mission
- Stars and Galaxies
- Link #1
- Link #2
- Link #3
- How (Space) Stuff Works
- How Hot is that Star?
- Hubble Academy Log
- Hubble Packet - This site will also get you back to the Hubble Telescope Homesite
- Magnitude Visual
- Observing #2 - Click on "nearby city" and select Milwaukee
- Observing #3 - Stellarium--shown in class (free download)
- Observing General - Lists a number of programs to try--some are repeats, but you might find a new favorite!
- Observing map--interactive - Type in your zip code then wait for the night sky to appear!
- ppt-life cycle of stars
- Sky and Telescope - Change the location at the top to get information for Franklin!
- Space.Com - links to info about galaxies, including video clips from class
- Star map download
- Stellar Magnitude Scale Explanation
- Stellar Magnitudes
- Virtual Galaxy Tour - panoramic views of the Milky Way, including marked constellations
Environmental Science Resources
The Why Files - Looks at current events in the world of science--Lots to look at!
Wisconsin History--What do you know about our state?
Environmental News Network--current environmental news
Windows to the Universe--Info about Earth and beyond
WI Climate--written and graphical information
- Carbon Cycle #1
- Carbon Cycle #2
- Carbon Game
- Nitrogen Cycle #1
- Nitrogen Cycle #2
- Nitrogen Cycle #3
- Hydrologic Cycle
Global Invasives Database--search WI
Environmental Literacy -- background on invasives
USDA invasives search engine
Biodiversity and Conservation -- a hypertext book
various images - scroll down to groundwater
Permeability animation (click on compare button)
Porosity (still pictures and good explanation)
Solar Radiation - Animation shows how solar radiation varies throughout the year
Topography and Circulation
- Earth History
- General Resources
- CDT, SFS and PTT
- Basic animations - Each boundary has a short animation and explanation link
Flash animations and real pictures
- Google Earth for the Boundaries
- It's Just a Theory...
- Lots of interactive modules - Includes a self-test online
- Past/present plate motions
- Plate Tectonics
- Whole Package - Website contains a number of different animations
- Earthquakes and Volcanoes
- Canadian site full of FAQ
- College Site - Lots of good info on the how, why and types of volcanic eruptions.
- PBS's Savage Planet - Articles and animations referring to the excellent Public TV series.
- Recent EQ and Volcanic events
- Virtual Earthquakes
- Volcano World - LOTS of info broken into topics
- Yellowstone Activity
- Volcanoes On-line
- Resource #1
- Resource #2
- Resource #3
- Resource #4
- Mineral Fun
- Choice of Games
- Hangman with Vocab- Scroll down to find the science section
- Rocks and Minerals
- Resource #1
- Resource #2
- Resource #3
- Animation #1 Shows how one rock can become another
- Animation #2 also click on side rock activity (has audio)
- Animation #3
- Animation #4
- Animation #5(movie)
- Internet Hunt - Links internally to the WS
- Great close-up mineral pictures
- Virtual Rock/Mineral ID--Great site for review!
- Virtual Mineral ID
- Kid Zone Science Spot - Lots of good links with pictures
- Mineral Data
- Mineral Gallery
- Mineral Information Institute
- Physical Characteristics - Helpful info on characteristics used to id, as well as a list of common minerals and their properties
- Test Yourself #2 - There are a couple of minerals we didn't do, but most are helpful. You may have to look up crystal types.
- Test Yourself! -Click on the "I'm Ready" box to work through identifying minerals
Virtual ID #2
- WebMineral - Database of over 4000 minerals
- Gifts of the Glaciers
- Great Lakes Atlas
- Great Lakes Network
- Ice Age Trail
- International Ice Patrol
- Introduction to the Great Lakes
- Niagara Falls
- Advance/Retreat (bear) [need to click on it to run]
- Advance/Retreat (need to go to the model--change precip and temp)
Milankovitch Cycle (scroll down)
Crevasses and more
- Water Cycle
- NOAA Home
- NOAA satellites
- NWS-Milwaukee/Sullivan Station - You can search WI weather history
- UW Meteorology
- UW-Antarctic Weather Station
- Weather Kids
- Severe Weather
- Things to Do! Places to Go!
- Milwaukee Public Museum - Free admission on Mondays! (IMAX is separate)
- Olson Planetarium - Only a short drive away on the UW-Milwaukee campus. Friday night shows start at 7pm and cost $1--a great pre-cursor to Science Bag presentation at 8pm.
- Science Bag - Students simply need to take ~1page of notes and get a stamp at the end of the lecture. It's in the Physics building. Take I-43 to Locust. Go east until Cramer Street (north).
- UW Geology Musem - Great place to visit on the Madison Campus, and it's FREE!
- Wehr Astronomy - Astronomy events IN Franklin!
- WEIS Museum at UW-Fox Valley - Another great little museum with a planetarium.
- Rocks and Minerals
Earth/Space Cool SitesHydrosphere
Acids and Bases
- Acid-Base Titration Simulation
- Acid/Base Strength
- Champions-Acids - Online audio quiz
- Champions-Bases - Online audio quiz
- Dilutions Picture
- On-Line Quiz for pH and molarity
- On-line Text - Good pictures of what's happening at the atomic level
- Titration #2 - Activity #1 walks you through how to do a titration, using the embedded website
- Titration Curve Explained
- Titration Simulation
- Vision Learning - Good explanation of pH
Atomic History and Structure
- Build an Atom
- History Tutorial
History Tutorial #2
- Whole bunch o' quizzes
- Quiz from Quia
- Quiz from Chem4kids
- Quiz of years, models, names (click start--match to question that pops up)
- Atom Song (YouTube)--played in class
- Development of Atomic Theory (YouTube)--played in class
Electron Orbitals #1
- Electron Orbitals #2
- Atomic Model (using central park)
- Animations of bonding
- Bonding Explained
- Explanation of each
- Matching Monatomic Ionic Bonds
- Matching polyatomic Ionic Bonds
- Naming of Compounds
- Using EN to determine Bond Type
- Visualizations of Bonding - Click on the concept map topics
- VSEPR Theory
- VSEPR #1
- VSEPR #2
Naming/Formula Flowchart Use this to help name/write formulas for compounds
Bonding - Webquest
- Resource #1: Ionic
- Resource #2: Covalent
- Covalent Info
- Resource#3: Types of Covalent
- Review Graphic
Chemical Equations and Reactions
- Basic Tutorial - Also has some interactive practice questions.
- Interactive Chem-Balancer
- Net Ionics - Click on the "Net Ionics" at the top of the page
- STUDYWORKS site - You can enter your own problems at the end!
- Resource #1--PBS
Resource #2--Environmentally Friendly
Resource #3--Links Within
- Resource #5--Law
- Chem 4 Kids
- Chem Tutor
- General Chem Help by Topic
- Mr. Gulch's Help Page - Has additional practice worksheets. Follow the links!
- Practice Quizzes - A test bank of practice questions
- Spark Notes - Concise notes reviewing most topics we discuss.
- Chem Quizzes -- has a quiz for just about every topic we cover!
Element Ball Project
element_facts.doc Word Doc for keeping track of facts/sources
1ELEMENT_BALL_PROJECTMG_09.doc Outline if you lost yours
Gas Laws - Webquest 1
Gas Laws - Webquest 2
- Afterglow - It looks long, but there are pictures!
- Avogadro's Law Summary
- Avogadro's Law-thinkquest
- Avogadro's Number
- Balloon Race
- Hot Air Balloons - Even without sound, you shold be able to get the basics
- Periodic Table
- Rocket Boosters
- Rocket Propellants
Math, Density & Conversions Practice
Moles and Conversions
- Excerpts from Homework Helpers - Goes through mole basics, lesson by lesson with practice problems.
- AUSTUTE Tutorial - Lots of concise review pages for other topics
- Doc Brown's Chemistry Clinic - Lots of examples (although some are more difficult than what we cover)
- Naming Tutorial
- Tutorial/on-line quiz
- Periodic Table database--really fun page with a periodic table for almost anything!
- 1001 periodic table quiz questions - As the name implies--lots of practice questions!
- American Chemical Society - Click to see e- configurations, and plot lots of info!
- College-level Quiz - Quiz on Atomic Structure and Periodic Table
- Game--Place the Elements - You need to know where they elements go!
- Periodic Poetry
- Periodic Table Fun
- Periodic Trends - Periodic trends explained/reviewed
- Summary of Ch. 4-6
- Whizzy Periodic Table - See e- configurations and emission spectra for the first 36 elements
PT Trend practice quiz
- basics #2
- basics #3
- basics #4
- Retake #1
- Quiz shown in class is above in Chem Help--click, then scroll until the Stoich section
- Calorimetry Simulation
- Calorimetry Tutorial
Enthalpy and Reactions
- Enthalpy Summary - Compares exo and end reactions
- Hess' Law Lab Applet
- Hess' Law--summary notes
- Phase Change Song
- Phase Change #1
- Phase Change #2
- Phase Change #3
- Phase Change #4
- Practice Hess' Law Problems
Things to do/Places to go
- Milwaukee Public Museum - Admission is free on Mondays! (IMAX is separate)
Welcome to the Saber Robotics home page. Click HERE to go to the student-developed site for up-to-date information.
This is our second year building a robot and participating in the FIRST program as team 2506. We are currently IN build season. This year's game, Logo Motion, is in honor of FIRST and their 20th anniversary. We meet Monday-Thursday from 6-9pm AND Saturdays 9-3 in room 254 at Franklin High School. We are counting down to a ship date of Tuesday February 22!
Ms. Guderyon is the primary contact person in rooms 228/230.
Mr. Dicks is the secondary contact person in room 254.