Student Handbook - Unauthorized Sales
The selling of any article (including candy, cookies, school supplies) not approved by the administration is prohibited. Disciplinary action will be taken and items will be confiscated.
Student Handbook - Student of the Month Award/B.O.S.S. Award
The Student of the Month Award recognizes one student from each house for displaying qualities of an outstanding citizen, such as positive attitude, helping others, respectful, kindness, and contributing to the betterment of our school. Students are nominated by the peers and selected by a panel of staff members. Winners and their parents are treated to a special breakfast and receive other recognition.
B.O.S.S. Awards recognizes one 7th and 8th grade student who have “stood up” for a classmate in the areas of bullying or disrespectful behavior.
Student Handbook - Electronic Devices
Students at Forest Park Middle School will be permitted to use their personal devices provided that this usage does not violate any provisions of the school district related to student privacy, harassment or other unwarranted conduct. Students may carry their devices during the school day. Students may not use devices under any conditions within the halls, the cafeteria, or restrooms.
Students will be allowed to utilize personal communication devices within the classroom for the sole purpose of engaging in educational activities when specifically directed by their teacher. Any other use of these devices within the classroom or outside of the classroom will be handled according to the guidelines found below:
Students are expected to know and abide by these expectations. In the event that a student does not meet these expectations the following consequences will be applied:
First Offense: Device is returned at the end of the day to the student by administration after a conference about acceptable use.
Second Offense: Parent is contacted by administration to pick-up their child’s device.
Third Offense: After School detention is issued and parent/student/administration meeting is set-up with the Associate Principal to discuss appropriate plan of action with BYOTusage for the student.
Any inappropriate use or conduct surrounding these expectations serves as grounds for possible confiscation of the device and suspension.
Use of personal devices is subject to the terms of the district’s Technology Acceptable Use Policy.
- Students may be disciplined for use of personal or district owned technology that disrupts the educational environment. Violations of established policies and procedures may result in the loss of access to information technology and communication resources and/or other disciplinary or legal action.
- Students should understand that access to technology resources (including personal devices) are not guaranteed to be private and may be monitored by District staff when used in the school setting.
- iPods and other music devices should not be used during the school day unless specifically permitted by an assigned teacher.
- Additionally, students are not allowed to bring laser light pens to school. These devices can cause possible harm to eyes and are disruptive to the learning environment.
Students are responsible for the safe keeping of their personal devices at all times and should not share them with other students. The school is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen personal devices. In addition, the district will not be responsible for maintenance, replacement, or assistance with any technical problems or connectivity of personal devices.
Student Handbook - Due Process
FPMS strives to provide a safe and appropriate learning environment for all students. We are proactive in our communication of our disciplinary procedures to students and parents. We believe in the fair treatment of all students. Due process is provided for each student on any office referral and in all investigations. Students have the right to have their side heard before any disciplinary action is taken.
Student Handbook - Bicycles and Skateboards
Students who ride their bikes to school must use the bicycle racks provided. Students must provide a suitable lock to ensure the safety of the bicycle. Skateboards can be stored in lockers.
Student Handbook - Bathroom/Hall Passes
Students are to use the passes in their planner. These should be filled out and presented to the teacher. Parents or students should bring special health concerns to the attention of the guidance office for special accommodations.
2011 Parent/Student Signature Page
Student Handbook - Alert Now
Alert Now is the district’s phone and email messaging system that is used to inform parents of emergencies, school closings, and other time sensitive information. The system’s contact information is generated from PowerSchool. Multiple contact numbers from a student’s account will be called in an emergency. Routine calls will be sent to parents’ cell phones only.
Student Handbook - Wellness
(School Board Policy #5315)
The Franklin Public School District promotes a healthy school environment by supporting wellness, good nutrition, and regular physical activity as a part of the total learning experience.
The District supports a healthy environment where children learn and participate in positive dietary and lifestyle practices. The District will integrate health based educational programs and practices, which promote wellness to our students, staff and community so that the schools contribute to the basic health status of children. This is a coordinated effort by the entire community, which includes parents, students, administrators, teachers, school board members, and food service professionals.
Student Handbook - Volunteers
Forest Park welcomes volunteers in our school. Volunteers work in the library, supervise dances, chaperone field trips, etc. For some volunteer positions, you may be required to fill out a consent form for a background check. Contact the school office for more details.
- Student Handbook - Visitors at Forest Park
- Student Handbook - Video and Photography Permission
- Student Handbook - Use of Technology By Students
- Student Handbook - Telephone Use
- Student Handbook - Special Events
- Student Handbook - School Property
- Student Handbook - School Closings
- Student Handbook - Report Cards and Progress Reports
- Student Handbook - Religious Accommodations
- Student Handbook - Pupil Non-Discrimination Policy
- Student Handbook - Prohibited Items and Personal Property
- Student Handbook - P.A.W.S.
- Student Handbook - Parking
- Student Handbook - Lunch
- Student Handbook - Lockers
- Student Handbook - House Concept
- Student Handbook - Student Identification Card
- Student Handbook - Security
- Student Handbook - Homework
- Student Handbook - Health Class
- Student Handbook - Health Procedures
- Student Handbook - Harrassment..see Discipline Plan
- Student Handbook - Guidance & Pupil Services
- Student Handbook - Grading Scale/PowerSchool
- Student Handbook - Food and Beverages