Bienvenidos, estudiantes, a este sitio. Espero que los recursos aquí sean útiles.
- paper (loose leaf or notebook)
- folder or binder to organize materials, notebook for journal writing
- writing instrument
It is expected that you bring your textbook and classroom supplies with you to class every day. You are also expected to be in class every day. If you do miss class and have an excused absence, please see me outside of instructional time to get make up work. You will have one week to make up any missed quizzes or tests.
Eating or drinking in class are unacceptable.
- Tests and quizzes 60%
- Journals 10%
- Homework 5%
- Performance Assessments 25%
There are no opportunities for extra credit, although there are opportunities to improve grades. Tutoring is available upon request. Please see me if you are not doing as well as you feel you should be.
One retake per quarter is allowed for a maximum of one quiz or test. The student must accept the most current score. Once the scores have been returned, there is a one week window to complete the retake, which can only be done if the student has met with the teacher, and done correctives.
Power standards: These are the power standards for the foreign language department. Each student wil be able to:
- Gain knowledge of the cultures being studied.
- Use knowledge to compare and contrast the nature of languages and cultures.
- Communicate in a language other than English.
- Connect with other disciplines and acquire information.
Please contact me if you have any questions or comments.