Bienvenidos, estudiantes, a este sitio. Espero que los recursos aquí sean útiles.
- paper (loose leaf or notebook)
- folder or binder for organizing materials, notebook for journal writing
- writing instrument
It is important for you to bring your book and other supplies to class each day. You are expected to be in class each day. If you must miss class, and have an excused absence, please see me to get make up work. You will have one week to make up any quizzes or tests.
Eating or drinking in class are unacceptable.
- Tests and quizzes 65%
- Journals 10%
- Performance Assessments 25%
While students are expected to complete homework assignments, and they will be assigned and checked, the assignments will not be calculated into the grade. Homework will reinforce the material learned in class and provide practice, which will help students with their assessments.
There will be no opportunities for extra credit, although there are opportunities to improve if you feel you are not achieving the results you should be. Tutoring outside of class is available upon request.
One retake per quarter is allowed for a maximum of one quiz or test. The student must accept the most current score. Once the scores have been returned, there is a one week window to complete the retake, which can only be done if the student has met with the teacher and done correctives.
Power standards: These are the power standards for the foreign language department. Each student will be able to:
- Gain knowledge of the cultures being studied.
- Use knowledge to compare and contrast the nature of languages and cultures.
- Communicate in a language other than English.
- Connect with other disciplines and acquire information.
Please see me if you have any questions or comments.