PowerSchool - Resource Page - FAQ
This page will be continuously updated with questions from parents, student, and staff related to PowerSchool. Please check here first if you have a question related to PowerSchool before contacting your school or teacher. If you don't find the answer to your question, please click here to ask your question.
- Why is the video walk-through not working? VIDEOS ARE CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED AND WILL BE ONLINE SOON!
- Normally, this could be due to a few reasons:
- When you click the link for the video, choose to PAUSE the player right away by clicking the play button. Let the video load fully or at least half way before playing. This should help if the video kept starting and stopping when you tried to watch it originally.
- Did you download the newest version of the Quicktime Player to your computer? Please click here to go to Quicktime's site and follow their instructions to get the latest version of their movie player.
- If you can't get the video to work, please refer to our in depth parent packet . All details are discussed in this packet.
- Can I change my password? At this time, PowerSchool does not allow for the ability to change your password. Please record it and keep it somewhere safe so you have it when you need it (wallet, purse, day planner).
- I have multiple children in the district. Can I have access to all their accounts under just one username and password? PowerSchool does not allow for this (yet). Each child's account information is housed under a separate account so you will have a different parent login for each child.
- My husband/wife and I are separated/divorced, can we get another parent username and password for our child's account? No. Unfortunately, the PowerSchool program only allows one parent account to be created per child. Therefore, both parents will have to use the same username and password that was assigned by the district.
- Where are the directions for PowerSchool parent access? For detailed directions for the Parent Portal, please click here .
- My password wasn't working or I lost my password. What do I do? Please try the following:
1. Try your username and password a few times just to make sure
it's not working correctly.
2. Make sure you are not typing the letter O instead of a zero (0).
3. You will need your child's Student ID# and birth date ready.
- Franklin High School: 414-423-4640, ext. 2003
- Forest Park Middle: 414-529-8250, ext. 1055
- Ben Franklin Elementary: 414-525-5001
- Country Dale Elementary: 414-529-8240
- Pleasant View Elementary: 414-423-4650
- Robinwood Elementary: 414-525-4941
- Southwood Glen Elementary: 414-761-1181
- I am not getting emails from PowerSchool. How come? There could be multiple reasons for this:
1. Did you sign-up for Email Notifications on the Email Notifications page? Please double check the email address you entered because if one character (letter/number/space) is off, you won't receive emails.
2. Does your email program have a spam blocker that could be blocking the messages? If so, you will want to add the email address to the list of "allowed" email addresses so PowerSchool emails can get through.
3. Did you check your email's BULK or SPAM folder? Check to see if the messages are going there and choose to mark them as NOT SPAM. You will have to consult your email's help menu or manual to learn how to do this as it is different for every email program.
- When I click on the teacher's name to email the teacher, my email program doesn't work correctly or does not open. Unfortunately, this is not a problem we can help you with since everyone's email programs are different. Your email program needs to be setup correctly on your computer. You may want to view the HELP area or menu for your email program or contact your Internet Service Provider for further assistance.
- I can't login to the parent or student portal. I put in my username and password and click submit. After clicking submit, the page reloads to a blank username and password line and does not login. Help? PowerSchool uses "cookies" and this means your internet security is set too high, probably to the highest level of security, which blocks cookies. Depending on your browser, you will need to find the Internet Security area and turn it down a level or two so cookies are accepted. You can find out more information about this by going to your web browser's help menu and doing a search on "cookies" or "internet security."