Third Grade Screening
Information Gathering - a profile of each student is created using information gathered from a number of data sources. These sources include:
- CogAT (Cognitive Abilities Test)
- Adapted Multi-Dimensional Screening Device (MDSD)
- MAP Scores & WKCE Scores
- Teacher Recommendation Form
- Parent Recommendation Form
- Information from other sources such as IEP team meetings and referrals
Team Meeting - A team comprised of the third grade classroom teachers, special subject teachers, the building G/T facilitator, K-12 G/T Coordinator, and sometimes the principal, meets to consider the information collected for each student.
During this meeting, each student's profile is considered, along with demonstrated performance and behaviors. Based upon this discussion, a decision is made regarding identification of this student as being a gifted and talented student.