Student Handbook - Recess
- Stay within the playground boundaries.
- Follow directions of all adults.
- Use playground equipment appropriately and play games safely.
- Always keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- Use appropriate language.
- Let what's on the ground stay on the ground.
- Ask an adult to use the restroom.
- As soon as the bell rings, line up promptly and in an orderly manner.
- Hold onto playground equipment while in line and in the building.
- Enter the halls quietly.
Please be sure that your child is dressed for the weather. The decision to have an outdoor or indoor recess is based on both the wind speed and temperature. Students do not go outdoors if it is raining or if the temperature falls below 0 degrees wind chill. If it is an outside recess day, all students must go outdoors. The only exception is a student with a physicians note stating he/she must not go outside. Under these conditions your child would sit in the health room during recess.