Student Handbook - Animals in School
Before an animal can be brought onto school district property, the teacher/owner must:
1. Verify that there are no staff or students with known life threatening allergies or severe health condition in which case the animal's presence would be prohibited.
2. Complete an "Animal Approval Form" and have the school principal's approval.
3. Abide by the district's procedures concerning animals in the schools.
4. Ensure that all animals must be appropriately housed, humanely cared for and appropriately handled.
5. Notify staff and obtain permission from parents of students with known adverse effects and are anticipated to have immediate contact with the specific animal to be brought to school.