Work Permit Information
Forest Park Middle School and Franklin High School Students
(Work permits are required for students under the age of 18)
When a student accepts a job offer, the employer will give the student a letter stating what type of work the student will be doing. The student is required to bring the letter to the school office.
Important note: June 23, 2017 is the effective date of 2017 Wisconsin Act 11. The law removes the requirement that 16 and 17 year old minors obtain work permits.
7:30-4:00 Forest Park Middle School (not open in July)
7:00-3:30 Franklin High School
Students under the age of 16 will need to provide the following:
1. A letter from the employer that shows the following:
o Name of employer
o Address of employer
o Student’s name
o A statement stating the type of work the student will be doing
2. A parent signature on the employer’s letter or a separate note from the
parent stating the child accepted a job offer
3. Birth Certificate, Baptism Certificate, Driver’s License or State ID Card
4. Original Social Security Card. No copies accepted.
5. $10 (the employer will reimburse you)
If you are going back to work for the same employer, you do not need a new work permit.
If you have already received a work permit for a different employer, your information is in the system. You need to bring the letter from employer, parent signature and $10.